Effective May 15, 2014
Collection of Information
Generally speaking, we collect or receive the following types of information when you use the Services:
Information You Provide Directly. You may provide information directly to us in several different ways. For example, you may submit information through the “contact us” feature on our website. When you make a purchase, we may also ask you for information that may be used to process your payment and ship your order.
Information We Collect Automatically. We collect certain information about you and your computer or device automatically when you use the Services. Automatically collected information may include:
- The type of web browser and operating system you have used to access the Services;
- Your IP address (which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet and can be used to derive your general geographic location);
- The website you visited before you came to the Services; and
- Information about the content you view and the features you access on the Services that we collect using cookies and similar technologies.
Social Networking Information.If you access or interact with the Services through a social networking service (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter), we may collect information about you from that social networking service, including your name, email address, birthday, profile photograph, and other information associated with your social networking account.
Information from Commercially Available Sources. We may receive additional information about you—such as the websites you have visited—from other publicly available information and commercial sources.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To continually improve the Services and enhance your experience with the Services;
- To better understand your interests in order to provide you (and enable our partners to provide you) with promotional materials, relevant content and advertisements, surveys and questionnaires, and other materials;
- To manage your account, perform billing and payment activities, and update you on your account status (including confirmation of registrations or notices of subscription expiration);
- To respond to your requests, questions, and comments;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, or otherwise with your consent.
Sharing of Information
We may share your information with the following entities:
Affiliates and Partners. We may share your information with our affiliates—companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with, KitCheck—as well as select partners. These entities may use your information to make predictions about your interests and may provide you with special offers, promotional materials, advertisements, and other materials.
Service Providers. We also may share your information with entities that provide services to us, including companies that provide payment processing, shipping, web analytics, data processing, advertising, email distribution, and other services.
Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties in order to:
- protect the legal rights of KitCheck, its affiliates, and of the users of the Services;
- protect the safety and security of users of the Services;
- prevent fraud (or for risk management purposes); or
- comply with or respond to the law or legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
Other Parties in Aggregated Form.We may also share your information with other third parties in aggregated or non-personally identifiable form.
Other Parties in Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites or other services. You should exercise caution when accessing such websites, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Protection of Information
We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Please note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us.
We do not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will comply with applicable law.
The Services are intended for a U.S. audience. If you access the Services from outside the United States, please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Services may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to U.S. law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using our website, participating in any of the Services, or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
Changing or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you have submitted personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, email address, or credit card number) through our website and would like to change or delete that information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
KitCheck does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, the Services currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
Questions and Contact Information
Cookies and Similar Technologies
KitCheck uses a variety of technologies to learn more about how people use the Services and the Internet. This section provides more information about some of those technologies and how they work.
- Collect information about your browsing activities in order to provide you with more relevant content and ads, on and off the Services; and
- Relate the information automatically collected when you use the Services to information we obtain from you directly or from commercially available sources.
- Other local storage. We may use other kinds of local storage, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with the Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above in that they are stored on your computer and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. These objects are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. Many Internet browsers allow you to disable HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in HTML5 local storage using browser controls. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Local Shared Objects, please click here.